What We Do
Our role is to enable visitor economy development at a local level by engaging people culturally and emotionally through domestic and international marketing strategies and by supporting and driving the region’s tourism industry through industry engagement and development, product development, training and education.
Our vision is for Australia’s South West to be a leading, prosperous and sustainable tourism destination.
We are an inspirational destination marketing leader that supports (and facilitates) a dynamic and collaborative tourism destination.
Australia’s South West, brings together the industry through four strategic pillars to drive the visitor economy to support regional businesses and retain jobs.
- Efficient and Effective Marketing
- Access and Regional Dispersal
- Destination Development
- Driving Industry Engagement
Destination Marketing promotes the region and all its tourism assets and products (beaches, wineries, restaurants, national parks, tourism destinations etc) to our target markets to encourage them to book a holiday to our wonderful part of the world, known as Australia’s South West.
Our target markets are intrastate (WA based people), interstate (anyone travelling to WA from other Australian States) and international (anyone coming to WA from overseas).
We do this by developing and delivering the following:
- Marketing Campaigns – in conjunction with Tourism Western Australia and Tourism Australia
- Consumer and trade travel shows – both domestic and international level
- Trade and Media Familiarisations – where people from these industries undertake a tour of the region and product and then use the knowledge to influence their audiences to book a trip
- Communications – this covers all of our communication channels ranging from newsletters, social media, websites and video content
- Australia’s South West Holiday Planner and Map – this is developed in both print and digital format
- Working with our industry partners provides us with invaluable support in our marketing programs.
Our industry partners include:
- Airlines – Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Qantas, Singapore Airlines
- Travel retailers – Hello World, Flight Centre
- Travel wholesalers – AO, ATS Pacific
- Online travel agents – Trip Advisor, Expedia
- Brand partners – Tourism Western Australia and Tourism Australia
Australia’s South West appreciates the collaborative effort from our industry partners in helping us to drive visitation to our region.