Are you a visionary leader with a passion for making a positive impact? Are you ready to lend your strategic expertise to a dynamic not-for-profit organisation committed to creating lasting change in tourism in the south west of Western Australia? If so, we invite you to apply for the position of Board Chairperson at Australia’s South West (ASW).
ASW is the peak tourism body for the South West region of Western Australia. The region stretches from Bunbury Geographe to the Great Southern, including the regions of Margaret River and Southern Forests and Valleys.
ASW’s objective is to build our region into one of the top performing destinations in Australia for the leisure market. We do this by engaging people through our marketing strategies and campaigns that focus on our diverse offerings in the region: food and wine, nature-based experiences and amazing scenery.
We also support and drive the regions tourism industry through destination development projects, industry engagement, product development, training and education.
As the Board Chairperson, you will play a pivotal role in guiding ASW to new heights in tourism and destination management in the region. Your leadership and strategic vision will be instrumental in shaping ASW’s future, fostering innovation, and ensuring our impact throughout our amazing region.
The Board Chairperson’s role is to:
- Lead and manage the meetings and affairs of the ASW Board
- Ensure the Board has a strategic focus and represents the best interests of ASW and the region
- Ensure the Board is operating effectively and in compliance with the Associations Incorporation Act 2015
- Provide leadership to the board, ensuring alignment with ASW’s purpose and values.
- Foster a culture of respect, accountability and diversity
- Represent the organisation at key events, building relationships with stakeholders and community partners.
- Provide mentorship and support to the CEO and board members
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on this role and contribute to the future of Australia’s South West tourism we invite you to submit your application. For more information or the application pack please contact Dr Lianne Cretney-Barnes [email protected]
Deadline for Applications: 5pm, Thursday 29 February 2024.