Australia’s South West offers a full calendar of food and wine, outdoors, lifestyle & multicultural events which means there is always something on.
Events in the region provide a great opportunity for tourism business’ to market and capture an audience that is already travelling to the region.
Our marketing team work closely with the Perth Business Events team and major regional event organisers to attract events to the region increasing year round visitation. We also ensure that there is cross promotion of accommodation and tourism product.
Contact us and see how you can leverage off these events and attract more clients to your business.
Below is a description of the type of events that happen in Australia’s South West from
Business Events are made up of meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions. Definitions are generally understood to be:
- Meetings – using a commercial venue with more than 15 people attending
- Incentives – programs offered to high achievers within a company to recognise and reward their achievements
- Conventions or conferences – large gatherings of people, often attracting international visitors. Generally, there is also an exhibition attached to a conference or convention, and
- Exhibitions – gatherings where suppliers display their products and services for trade and public exhibition purposes.
ASW have developed a business events strategy in consultation with our stakeholders that provides a framework to attract and deliver business events to the region. Please contact us if you would like to know more and how your business can work with us in attracting more events to the region.
Major Regional Events
Are you looking to leverage off our Major Regional Events?
Plan your marketing activities around our amazing food and wine events, jazz performances, surfing tournaments and film festivals – the region celebrates with major festivals and special events that attract a number of intrastate, interstate and international visitors throughout the year, so get on board with these events and create packages and help bring more visitors to your region. Visit our events page for a full list of major events and plan your marketing activity around them.
- Country Music Festival (Blackwood Valley)
- Taste Great Southern (Great Southern)
- Margaret River Pro (Margaret River region)
- Cinefest Oz (Bunbury and Margaret River Region)
- Truffle Kerfuffle (Southern Forests)
Tourism Industry Network Events
The tourism industry offers a number of events including training, trade shows, industry updates and member networking functions, to help you keep up to date with the all the industry activities. Click on our Industry events Calendar to see whats coming up and where.